It’s Food and Wine Festival time and I must confess now that I have a weakness for food. I also have a weakness for Beer. So what better place to indulge those weaknesses than at Walt Disney World? I have my favorite places and I am going to share those with you in a little bit. But I also have stories that go with those favorite places and I will share those as well. Now on to the Top Five!
- 5. Raglan Road- This is a wonderful place to get a pint at the bar inside or you can go over the “Hole in the Wall” and people watch while you enjoy your beverage of choice. I am a beer guy but if I am here to get a drink outside, and it is a cool day, I am going for the Irish Coffee, one of my Mother-in-law’s favorites!
- 4. Territory Lounge- I am all for slowing down at the end of the day and the best place I have found to do this is at the Territory Lounge in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The food is good and the staff is friendly but the cozy atmosphere makes me want to stay and relax after a long day touring the parks. The lounge is a comfortable place with dark wood and if you look behind the bar there are two bears on either end holding it up for you.
- 3. Margarita Stand- Mandy cannot go to Epcot without making a pitstop here. Now for Margarita aficionados this probably doesn’t rank very high on your drinkability meter but when you can get rainbow margaritas who really cares. It is a fun place to start your drink around the world!
- 2. Germany- I love German beer, I have yet to meet one that I didnt like. The hoppy aroma the rich head perfect on a hot day in the parks. With that being said I can’t walk by here without getting a beer. It is just impossible. There are also other libations to be had here as well (Goldshlager, Jagermeister, and an assortment of German Wines) I would recommend the Goldshlager on a cold night right before Illuminations but that’s just me.
- 1. Rose and Crown Pub- Early in the Day, right before the Lunch rush, I enjoy going and grabbing a seat in the pub, getting a beer and planning out the rest of the day. You see the Rose and Crown opens at 11 am and is a perfect place to rest your feet and grab a cold Bass or Guinness or if you are feeling adventuresome mix them for a wonderful black and tan. This is a nice starting off point for the World Showcase (I usually forget that Canada is even represented). You can get some beer in you so you don’t really pay attention to how much your significant other is spending as you walk around the World.
As you can see most of the list was in Epcot. It is very easy to find something you like here. There were a few honorable mentions I would like to name. You can get a really nice Sake in Mitsukoshi in Japan and a wonderful Grey Goose frozen drink in France (Mandy’s Second Favorite).